Doctor Who “The Impossible Planet”
Part 1 of 2
Plot Summary: The Doctor and Rose land on a planet at the edge of a black hole and encounter the Ood where odd things start occuring.
- Welcome to Hell. Hmm. Nice welcome.
- Ok. I definitely played too much Dungeons & Dragons as a kid because the aliens vaguely remind me the Intellect Devourer monsters from the game, along with a few others.
- Heh. “We must feed…you.”
- Fun with black holes.
- The Ood, a slave race.
- Heh. The Doctor hugging the Captain and his captain about humans.
- Ah yes. All the classic horror stuff: whispers, flickering lights, weird noises. Heh.
- Hmm. “Satanic Planet”
- “He is awake.”
- I have to say some of the vis fx were quite good.
- Space demon! :)
I found this an odd episode. Enjoyable, but odd. It seemed like a mix of a couple of different themes seen on recent science fiction movies such as Event Horizon (without the gore in this case) mixing traditional science fiction with your classic supernatural horror.